Wednesday 6 August 2014

New product review - Soap & Glory 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush

Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil
They say that your eyes are the windows to your soul. (Who's they? I have no idea....). 
Anyway, if that's the case your eyebrows are the window frame and a pretty frame can make all the difference. 
Eyebrows that are groomed can give you an instant face lift, make your eyes look bigger, make your face look finished. Who doesn't want that?!

You may pluck, tweeze, wax or thread your eyebrows to get that perfect arch but using an eyebrow product to finish off is pretty much essential in my book. 

I'm a huge fan of eyebrow pencils. I find them fuss free & super quick, especially when you find the right pencil for you. 

I almost let out a squeal of excitement when I saw that Soap & Glory had launched a brand new eyebrow pencil. Say hello to the new Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush. 

Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil

These bad boys were available in two colours in my local Boots, Hot Chocolate & Blonde-Shell. I picked up both, of course.

So, what's this new launch like? Well, the pencils are sleek and pretty simple looking, double ended with a spooly at one end and the twist up pencil at the other.

Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil
Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil

The two shades are quite different, Hot Chocolate being the darker of the two. 

Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil

The pencil itself is fine, perfect for drawing on individual looking hairs. They are creamy but not overly so. Easy to draw on, you only need a light touch which is perfect for filling in any gaps or adding shape and length with minimal pressure. 

The spooly is perfect, quite stiff which I love. Once you've used the pencil it blends the lines seamlessly. If you've been a little heavy handed with the pencil work the brush softens any harsh lines making it look oh-so natural. 

Here's what the colours look like on me (this was the very first time I used them so I didn't go overboard with filling and shaping).

Soap & Glory Archery eyebrow pencil

Here's the best bit: MAJOR DUPE ALERT!! The lightest of the shades, Blonde-Shell is the *exact* same shade as Mac's Eyebrow pencil in fling.


I'd say that the Soap & Glory Archery pencil is a pretty good Mac dupe over-all. Both are twist up, both have the same fine nib. The pencils are in fact so similar you'd be pushed to tell the difference. 

The fact that Soap & Glory's Archery pencils are £8 each *and* come with a spooly compared to Macs spooly-free pencils at £13.50, I from now will be reaching for S&G's when it's time to repurchase (especially as they're buy one get one half off in Boots at the moment). 

Over-all I think the Archery pencils are a pretty decent budget friendly buy. They last all day, they don't smudge and they get the job done easily and quickly! A big thumbs up from me! 

I've tried to find these pencils on line so that I can link to them but I can't seem to find them? No idea why. (They're not even on the Soap & Glory website). Odd. 

Have you tried these pencils? If so what did you think? What are your must have brow buys? 

Check out my review of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes here

I'm off to fill in my window frames! 
Happy brow-ing,
Love Emma 
XOXO 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...