Friday 22 August 2014

Tried & Tested - Wen Cleansing Conditioner

Wen by Chaz Dean - The Daily Rumble - Emma Rumble
The curse of QVC strikes again. Around 3 months ago I was watching an hour dedicated to Wen by Chaz Dean. A brand & a man I had never heard of.
After 15 minutes or so of watching I picked up my phone and ordered 'Today's Special Value'.

What did I buy? Well, it was a new hair-washing concept that I was really intrigued to try.

Wen by Chaz Dean is a range of hair products free from chemicals or harsh detergents - the star of the show being a cleansing conditioner. An all in one product to replace your traditional shampoo & conditioner combo. Sulfate-free, it promised to leave my hair shiny & manageable whilst replacing my shampoo, conditioner, treatment, detangler and leave-in conditioner. See why I bought it!?
Wen by Chaz Dean - The Daily Rumble - Emma Rumble
I purchased a set that contained two large cleansing conditioners, one in Pomegranate & one in Sweet Almond Mint, plus two Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatments in the same 'flavours'. The set was pricey but with QVC's money back guarantee I had nothing to loose. (Unfortunately it seems you cant get the same four piece set at the moment but you can get one of the cleansing conditioners with it's matching treatment for £32).
Wen by Chaz Dean - The Daily Rumble - Emma Rumble
Wen by Chaz Dean - The Daily Rumble - Emma Rumble
So what's the product like? The cleansing conditioner is just like, well, a conditioner. You use the product twice - once as the shampoo and the second as the conditioner. It feels very strange indeed - it doesn't lather, it literally feels like you're rubbing conditioner into your roots.

Wen by Chaz Dean - The Daily Rumble - Emma Rumble
On the first use I was very sceptical to whether or not it would actually get my hair clean. Well, I needn't have worried - my hair was super clean, easy to comb through and it smelt amazing. (Both 'flavours' smell good enough to eat). I left my hair to dry naturally and it was so soft, shiny and remarkably pretty frizz-free. I was hooked!

I've been using both the Pomegranate and Sweet Almond Mint for about 2 and a half months exclusively. The bottles were large so they've lasted a decent amount of time (good job really considering their price). Every now and then I used the Intensive Treatments but my hair has felt so good I didn't really feel the need to.

The cleansing conditioners are really enjoyable to use, you soon get used to having no bubbles when you wash your hair. I found that a good tip was to use, & leave in, a tiny tiny amount of the cleansing conditioner on the ends of my hair whilst it was still soaking wet to really seal in the moisture.

Now, here's the thing. Both of my bottles are almost empty but I haven't rushed online to repurchase them. Probably because of the price if I'm honest. One 480ml bottle on it's own is £27 (plus P&P). Yup, that's super expensive. I loved the product. I enjoyed using it & got great results but the fact that I haven't bought it again says a lot - it's great but not life changing! Perhaps if it were a touch cheaper I'd get it again.

You can check out Wen by Chaz Dean here. 

Have a read at some more of my Tried & Tested posts - Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil here & Memebox here.

Have you tried Wen? If so, what do you think? What's your fave shampoo & conditioner? 

I'm off to watch some more QVC! 
Love Emma 
XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...