Saturday 13 September 2014

What's in my Memebox #2 - did I hit the jackpot?

Memebox - The Daily Rumble
It would appear that I have developed a small obsession with the Korean Beauty Box Memebox. After falling in love with the contents of my first Memebox I went ahead and ordered two more boxes, the first of which arrived this week.

First, in-case you are not familiar with Memebox here's a little more info: Memebox is a beauty box that offers Korean beauty products - the most popular and latest beauty items direct from Korea - at a great price. Unlike other beauty boxes you don't have to subscribe. You just take a look at their selection and choose the one (or more than one) you fancy. They offer all kinds of boxes from make-up, skincare, body & hair - all containing the hottest, most wanted Asian products.

Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble

So, this box is the '#41 Jackpot box' - a limited number of boxes which each varied in contents value from 1st to 9th place. First place was worth $1000, 9th $155 - it cost $33.99 (plus P&P) so a complete bargain which ever place you got.

I was absolutely expecting to get one of the 9th place boxes so was pleasantly surprised to find that I had got an 8th place spot! Here's what was in my box and my initial thoughts.
Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
The first thing I noticed when I opened it all up was the lack of the info card. As the products are Korean without a little help in English you really have no idea what you've got and what you're supposed to do with it. Thankfully I was able to print off my 'instructions' from the Memebox website. Panic over.

Cotterang 'Bubble Peeling Pad' ($7)

Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
Bubble Peeling Pad - Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
This is an AHA enriched exfoliating pad to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum. It's supposed to give you the same peeling effects as an expensive treatment. The directions say add a little water, rub it on your face (avoiding your eyes) and then rinse.
I couldn't wait to try it - apart from the fact it stung like a mutha I can't say I noticed a big difference. Will my skin peel off? Who knows! Fun to use but no immediate skin transformation.

Tosowoong 'Time Shift Toner' ($34)

Tosowoong - Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
This bad boy contains a whole lot of good stuff but the one ingredient that stood out to me was SNAIL MUCUS EXTRACT. Excuse me? Snail snot? I guess you've got to be in it to win it, I'll give anything a go in the fight to slow aging and whatnot. It also contains nutrition-rich fermented extracts (again, what??), bifida ferments (hello?) and various plant oils to give you intense hydration for a water-ful (?) glow, glowing complexion. I'm not a huge fan of snails overall but if they make me look water-ful then hell yeah baby.

Cotterang 'Acne Killer Kit' ($20)

Acne Killer Kit - Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
This is a 7 day treatment, similar to the above Bubble Peeling Pad, to remove stubborn acne & excess skin cells. So you rub the pad over your face & then use the black cotton bud to apply the brilliantly named 'Killer Tok Tok Sol' direct to spots. I don't suffer from acne & only get the odd occasional zit so I think this is going to be just too much for my skin, but I might keep it for a pimple attack emergency.

IOPE 'Essential Facial Oil' ($90)

Iope Face Oil -  Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
The most expensive product in the box, this oil contains organic argan and macadamia oil to nourish and hydrate the skin. I love my Tarte facial oil so will be interested to give this one a go. It smells lovely - there's definitely some lavender in there too.

Dermahouse 'Collagen Firming Cream' ($29)

Dermahouse Firming Cream -  Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
This has got to be hands down one of the cheapest packing I have ever seen. It looks like I got it from Poundland. From a discount bin. It does however contain collagen, shea butter & mango shea butter.
If it delivers what it promises, that I'll experience the disappearance of fine lines and wrinkles and the improvement of skin texture and clarity I will forgive the terrible packing and slather it all over my face and body until the end of time.

RiRe 'Lip Manicure' ($15)

RiRe Lip Manicure -  Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
RiRe Lip Manicure -  Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
RiRe Lip Manicure -  Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
This is a lip colour in a cute little pot - I got the hot pink shade 'Rich Raspberry'. It's supposed to deliver long lasting colour and hydration which doesn't smudge 'no matter what' and dries in 30 seconds. Of course I tried this out immediately. 
Easily one of the messiest lip products I have ever used. I had to clean up after with a baby wipe. It's hugely pigmented, a real shock of colour. You can apply it as it is or use you finger to dab it into a more sheer wash of colour. I cant decide if I love it or hate it. It does feel a little dry and it's sooooo messy but the colour is amazing. A product to avoid if you're in a rush that's for sure. Unless you're going for a Coco the Clown look.

Dear Jane 'Kiss My Lips Glossy Colour' ($11)

Dear Jane - Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
Dear Jane - Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
I got the shade 'Vivid Jane' - basically orange. It swatched beautifully and has a real soft shine but it's not my colour at all. Orange really doesn't do anything for me so I'll be gifting this to someone who doesn't mind the fact I've tested it on my hand.

Hair+ Velvet Nutri-Injection ($5)

Hair+ - Jackpot Box - Memebox - The Daily Rumble
You apply this to your hair, concentrating on the ends after towel drying to experience 'the results of a hair clinic program'. I have no idea what this means exactly but I love a product that treats damaged hair so will be interested to try this out.

So there you have it, the contents of my 8th place Jackpot Memebox. The contents is worth $165 (£99) so a real bargain consider I paid $33.99 (£21). Overall a really interesting selection - I'm excited to see how the products pan out!

The Jackpot boxes are sold out now but there are some serious other beauties up for grabs still. If you fancy having a look at the current boxes click here. (Read about my other Membox purchase here).

Are you a fan of Memebox? Did you get a Jackpot box?

I'm off to clean up my lipstick,
Love Emma
XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...