Wednesday 28 January 2015

Empties - Products I've Used Up #4 Cosmetics

Empties - The Daily Rumble - Cosmetics
My last post was also an Empties, but as I had managed to get through so many products I split them into skin, hair and body products & just cosmetics. This is the makeup post - all the products I have used up recently and what I think of them.
Empties posts do what they say on the tin - literally empty products. The beauty of a post like this is that being as I've used these items in their entirety I can give an honest opinion on what I thought and whether or not I would buy them again. 

So, let's get on with it! Here are the cosmetics products I have used up recently: 


Empties - The Daily Rumble - Cosmetics
bareMinerals Original Foundation 16g in 'Fairly Light' 
Over the past 7 or 8 years I've gone through countless pots of this. Perfect colour match, great blendable coverage. A product that I'll reach for and repurchase time and time again.

bareMinerals 'Touch Up Veil' in Translucent - £22
Oh yes, another bareMinerals product! Can you tell I'm a huge fan? I absolutely love the loose Mineral Veil but it's not the ideal product to pop in your bag, so I was super excited with they released a pressed compact version a few years ago. Unfortunately for me I just didn't love it as much as the traditional powder. Applied with the puff it was just too thick and left my face looking too chalky and pale - which, being as it was supposed to be translucent, was annoying. I instead used this with a fluffy brush which gave a much better application. I used it up eventually but I'll be sticking to the older version in future! 

bareMinerals 'Prime Time' Foundation Primer - £21
This was a super old bottle. I forgot I had it and then rediscovered it a few months ago. I probably should have chucked it as it was well past is recommended use by once opened date but I threw caution to the wind and used it anyway. A really great clear primer with a nice silicone feel. Something I would be temped to buy again but I do have another to use up beforehand. 

Empties - The Daily Rumble - Cosmetics

Two words. Holy Grail. This stuff is just amazing. I was gutted when this ran out. It makes your eyeshadow last all day and all night! If your eyeshadow creases or slides off your face after only a few hours you NEED this! Worth every penny and I'll absolutely be repurchasing if. 

Color Your Smile Gerard Cosmetics Lipgloss in Nude - $24
I love a nude gloss & this one was especially nice. I bought this while I was purchasing my youTube Vlogger fave Dial-A-Smile teeth whitening kit from the U.S. I stumbled across their glosses, which I think are formulated to make your teeth look whiter, & I couldn't resist. Perfect nude colour, not at all sticky. There's a mirror on the side which is handy but the light in the lid which illuminates when you open it is actually pretty pointless verging on annoying. I might purchase again but I think I may have found the ultimate nude gloss which is cheaper! Watch this space. 

Soap & Glory 'Archery 2 in 1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush' in Blondeshell - £8
I did an entire Tried & Tested post (here) on these great double ended eyebrow pencils. With a super fine twist up pencil at one end and a great little spooly at the other, this pencil in the light brown colour is superb value for money. A product I will definitely buy again for sure. 

Lo'real 'La Touche Magique Perfect Match' Concealer -  £8.19
This was actually a really nice product. Just the right level of illuminating highlight with great undereye coverage without being too heavy or cakey. I used it up pretty quickly. I would buy again but after I've tried out another few.

That's it for another empties post! I hope you've found this helpful! Which one cosmetic product do you repurchase time and time again? 

Read my last body, face & hair empties post here

I'm off to use up some more makeup!!
Love Emma 
XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...