Thursday 5 March 2015

#ColourMeMarch

I keep on seeing a certain Hashtag all over Twitter and Instagram - #Colourmemarch. Being the nosey so and so I am and with a bit of research I found out that it's linked to an event. Next Wednesday, 11th March, is Cheltenham Races Ladies Day but this year it's going to be a touch more colourful than before thanks to the campaign #Colourmemarch.

So exactly is Colour Me March? Well it's purpose is to make us ladies try and be a little more adventurous with colour. To wear something that might push us out of our day to day comfort zone,  to just simply have a little fun with our outfits. A little fun with colour.

I was offered the opportunity to go along to the event but sadly had to decline - that's what happens when you're a mum of two. Long gone are the days where I can up and leave, get dressed up and attend something without having 6 months notice, a trustworthy baby sitter, a backup babysitter etc etc. You get my drift.

Anyway, just because I can't get there doesn't mean I can't have a bit of fun day dreaming about what I would have worn, so I had a go at choosing an outfit.
Firstly what's my fashion style? Hmm it's a tricky one. I'm far from a tracksuit bottom no makeup wearing mum. I wouldn't go out the house without wearing at least 3 cosmetic products and I don't even own a pair of trainers. (Box fresh white Converse don't count). I'm a huge fan of classic skinny jeans, comfy tops and boots. Maybe a floaty dress and cardi combo. Lots of chunky jewellery. What i'm trying to say is that I have my style and don't really experiment too much with colour. I don't own anything at all red, it's just not a colour I am naturally drawn to, so for my Colour Me March outfit something including red would totally push me out of my comfort zone.


So here's a little picture of something I would love to wear. Yes the designer items in the little selection reach into the thousands, but heck a girl can daydream. I've gone for a bit of classic black but spiced it up with lots of touches of orange/red. A classic look with a fresh modern twist I think. I know that if I were to attend I would scour the high street for a similar look at the fraction of this price, but hey I went with some dream items!

I'm looking forward to searching the hashtag and checking out all the colourful outfits the lovely ladies wear on the day. This campaign is actually pretty good - it's certainly got me thinking about the colours I wear and perhaps given me the kick up the bum I need to be a bit more experimental with colour!

I'm off to sort through my wardrobe,
Love Emma
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...